March 9, 2011
Salon A, SE2, Town Square
BCIT Burnaby Campus
COUNCIL MEMBERS PRESENT:
Chris Barnard, Pres., Peter Abel, Alan Barnard,Karl Boerner, Sec., Clarence Diebold, Don Eklof, Ted Howard, Derek Knox,Bob Wagner, Ed Warkentin.
Murray Sharp, Charlie Young.
A. CALL TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 12:25.
B. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
C. PRESENTATION BY LISA HANSON AND LYNDA STEWART, JOHNSON INC. (MEDOC)
- Linda Stewart introduced the members to MEDOC, Lisa Hanson not being able to attend. Linda covered in detail the coverages offered for Travel and Home insurance. The handouts included the rates for the Optimum, Preferred, and Standard Health Schedule, covering up to 182 days of travel. She answered questions from the members.
D. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AGM, March 10, 2010
- Alan explained to the members the work that had been done with respect to the Memorial, the committee that had been formed and did not function, the choices to be made and the costs involved. Chris asked several times if anyone would volunteer to pursue the work on the Memorial but no one offered his services. As a result, the motion:
TO LET THE MATTER OF THE MEMORIAL REST was seconded and carried.
F. EXECUTIVE COUNCIL REPORTS:
2. Member Recruitment, Recognition and Support.
3.Communication and Fellowship.
- The report was posted and a travel report also.
4.Benefits and Liaison.
- Chris thanked the Board Members for their help and support, and the webmaster Ted Marchant for the work done with the website. She mentioned that the Directors are keen to hold meetings on the satellite campuses of BCIT, a recent example being the one held on the Aerospace Technology complex. She pointed out that members are invited to attend Board Meetings. After having made reference to the cancer support cruise she thanked members for their attendance and that she hoped to see them at the Spring Luncheon in April.
The move to accept all reports was seconded and carried.
G. PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS:
H. ELECTION OF OFFICERS TO THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL:
1. Election of Officers to Executive
- Ted had prepared and posted a list of candidates. They were:
- Chris Barnard,
- Ted Howard,
- Derek Knox,
- Bob Wagner,
- Karl Boerner,
- Peter Abel,
- Clarence Diebold,
- Don Eklof,
- Murray Sharp and
- Charlie Young.
- Since no further nominations were forthcoming from the floor, the candidates were elected by acclamation.
I. OTHER BUSINESS:
- It was suggested from the floor to send Murray a Thank You/ Get Well card.
- The meeting was adjourned at 14:15.